Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria

Registration by Mutual Recognition


A surveyor who is registered in another jurisdiction, either national or international, may apply for registration as a Licensed Surveyor in Victoria.



Surveyors from another Australian State/Territory or New Zealand


Licensed Surveyors from another Australian State/Territory or New Zealand may apply for registration in Victoria under the provisions of the Mutual Recognition Act 1992.  The Council of Reciprocating Surveyors Boards of Australia and New Zealand (CRSBANZ) has a commitment to the principle of mutual recognition of professional registration between all Australian States/Territories and New Zealand, which dates back to its inaugural conference in 1892. 


Under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992, Licensed Surveyors are required to obtain a Letter of Accreditation from the Board that oversees their jurisdiction and attach it to an application for registration made under Section 4 of the Surveying Act 2004.  An application for reciprocal registration in Victoria must also include a statutory declaration stating that all information in the application is true and correct.


Surveyors from overseas


Surveyors from overseas who are considering migrating to Australia or who have migrated and wish to become registered as Licensed Surveyors in Victoria, must apply to the Board to have their educational qualifications assessed.  The application is to include certified copies of academic qualifications, statements of results and a Curriculum Vitae, all of which must be in English. Application forms for overseas qualifications assessment are available below.


Application Form Docx
Application Form PDF


Please refer to the Advice for Applicants document for further guidance.


The Board forwards these applications to the Bureau for Assessment of Overseas Qualifications (BAOQ) for assessment.  There is a fee of $500 for such assessments.


Following assessment, the Board provides the BAOQ’s recommendation letter to the applicant. This letter is to be included with an application to enter into a Professional Training Agreement, leading to registration as a Licensed Surveyor in Victoria.


Home    |    Sitemap    |    Contact Us    |    For Board Members    |    Copyright    |    Privacy    |    Disclaimer    |    Surveyor / Graduate Login